Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Road reblocking works of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) resumed 11 p.m. Friday, August 23, 2019 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, August 27, 2019 covering various road sections of National Capital Region (NCR). With given clearance from Metr...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto proposed a three-fold increase in the city’s budget for medicines for 2020 to ensure wider access for patients. In a Facebook post, Sotto shared that he wants the budget for medicine to be raised to P253.5 million from t...
The Malabon City council has amended an ordinance in its aim to increase the monthly allowance that barangay health workers receive. Under the newly amended Ordinance No. 03-2011, barangay health workers in the city will soon start to receive P2,000...
To survive their daily commute, Metro Manila residents are turning to two online apps designed to help them reach their destinations through the shortest route and in the fastest time possible. But while Waze and Angkas have become essential to...
The local government of Marikina City has recently revived the distribution of Nutribun breads to the city’s public school children, as it targets to end malnutrition by 2020. “We want all children in the city to be healthy and happy by ...
Personal ang pag asikaso ni Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano sa mga nangangailangan ng tulong pangmedical sa pamamagitan ng Take Care I Care Program. Lubos ang pasasalamat ng mga natulungan ng nasabing programa kay Mayora dahil sa serbisyo nyang may tunay n...