Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Philippine economy grew 6.4 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2019, faster than the 6-percent expansion in the third quarter, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). “Compared with other major economies in the r...
Lubos na ikinagalak ng mga medical staff mula sa Health Department, Caloocan City Medical Center at Caloocan City North Medical Center ang magandang ibinalita sa kanila ni Mayor Oca ngayong araw ng Lunes. May sumatutal na 241 ang pumirma bilang casu...
Several local government units in Metro Manila have extended assistance to communities affected by the eruption of Taal Volcano following the Metro Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MMDRRMC)’s call for help. Metro Man...
The Department of Transportation's Technical Working Group (TWG) recommended the termination of its pilot study on motorcycle taxi service. TWG chair Antonio Gardiola Jr. said the TWG would recommend the termination of the study due to a &l...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said some of its personnel want to donate their combat pay to help the victims of the Taal Volcano eruption. Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas, NCRPO director, said the projected donations of Metro Manila cops...
Elections spokesman James Jimenez said the Commission on Elections (Comelec) will team up with various shopping malls as satellite venues for the ongoing voter registration. Jimenez said the Offices of Election Officers (OEO) will soon be ...